Mimi's Sloppy Joes
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
¼ cup minced carrots
¼ cup minced green bell peppers
1 pound lean ground beef
½ jar Mimi’s Gourmet Pasta Sauce
4 hamburger buns
1. Heat the oil in a wide skillet and saute the onion, carrots and bell peppers for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat, or until soft. Add the beef and continue to fry, breaking up.
2. When the meat is well-browned, drain any extra fat if necessary and add the pasta sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors.
3. Serve on hamburger buns or bread of your choice.
Super Easy Slow Cooked Chili
1½ pounds ground beef, browned
1 can (16 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar Mimi’s Gourmet Pasta Sauce
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix
4 teaspoons Mexene chili powder
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook covered on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 cup Mimi’s Gourmet Pasta Sauce (divided)
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium celery rib, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
— Salt and pepper
1½ pounds ground beef chuck
½ pound ground pork (not lean)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix breadcrumbs with one half cup of pasta sauce.
3. In a skillet, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add to breadcrumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add beef, pork, eggs and parsley and mix with your hands. Shape mixture into a roughly 9- by 5-inch oval loaf inside a 13- by 9-inch shallow baking dish.
5. Bake 1 hour. Spread remaining ½ cup of sauce over surface and bake an 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.